Kawida Lodge #480 - Home
2014 Summer Camp Ordeal
Calling all Ordeal candidates and Arrowmen! We have a great opportunity for you! Kawida Lodge will hold the Summer Camp Ordeal on June 27-28 at Camp McKee.
If you were elected into the OA this spring (or need to find out if you were), this is a great chance to actually become an Arrowman! If you're already a member, we invite you to come and be a part of running the ordeal! And if you're an Ordeal member who was inducted more than 10 months ago, you can take the next step and seal your membership in the Brotherhood ceremony.
If you're attending Week 2 of summer camp, you can stay just a few more hours on Saturday and attend the Ordeal. Even if you aren't attending camp then, you can still come. Just pitch a tent next to Stamler Dining Hall.
The ordeal will begin with check-in at 6:00 PM on Friday, June 27. At the end of the regular summer camp campfire, a Call-Out ceremony will be held to publicly recognize candidates. The Ordeal will then continue until after supper and clean-up on Saturday, around 7:00 PM.
If you're an Ordeal candidate or an Elangomat, check out the Ordeal Packing List at http://kawida.org/downloads/Event_Files/Ordeal%20Packing%20List.pdf and make sure you have what's on the list!
You'll want to come! Reserve your spot now: online at http://www.bgbsa.org/event/summer-camp-ordeal/1567468 or with a paper form at http://www.bgbsa.org/document/oa-ordeals-2014/137668. See you there!
Summer Camp & the OA
Coming to McKee for summer camp? Awesome! Kawida Lodge has a great presence at camp, and will hold a variety of exciting activities for you to participate in and enjoy.
- Every week at camp, we'll hold a Brotherhood Ceremony. You'll need to stop by the Trading Post and pay $15 for your sash, but otherwise, come to the OA Building on Tuesday at 7:00 PM for Brotherhood Testing. It would be helpful to study your OA Handbook and/or OA Jumpstart beforehand.
- OA Movie Night is held every Wednesday night from 8-9:30 on the Dining Hall Porch. All are welcome!
- Friday evening campfires will conclude with an OA Call-Out Ceremony.
- You can pay your 2014 dues simply by visiting the Trading Post!
- On June 27-28 (end of Week 2), Kawida Lodge will hold the Summer Camp Ordeal. It's a great and convenient way for elected Scouts to become members of the OA without leaving camp! Registration can be found here, or you can register on-camp at the Trading Post.
Spring Ordeal a Success!
Spring Ordeal 2014 was a success! Nine candidates become members of the Order of the Arrow, providing great service to Camp McKee and the Blue Grass Council! We helped get McKee ready for summer camp, removed stumps from a new ceremony grounds, and provided staff for the council's Sporting Clays event!
Thanks to everyone who came out and helped! Congratulations to our new brothers!